Perceptive Controls is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm located in Plainwell Michigan, providing complete system solutions for automotive, food/beverage, water/wastewater and other industrial sectors for over 20 years.
We are seeking an experienced PLC and SCADA Programmer. This position will be responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving a wide array of applications. Candidate will have proven experience in PLC logic and SCADA programming. Must be able to read logic and P&ID diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing and start-up. Experience with databases and reporting tools is a plus.
• Understand the scope of the project in collaboration with management
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
• Understand the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project
• Maintain a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Review the project schedule with management and all other staf fthat will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule asrequired
• Understand the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated (Phases) at its completion
• Design, program and/or install the controls and automation system as required
• Work with other Engineers to ensure execution of the project according to the project plan
• Manage project budget to meet established goals
• Procure the required hardware and software as required for the project
• Maintain good customer relations and provide customer support
Minimum 5 years’ experience in control system PLC and SCADA equipment;PLC programming and system startup/debug.
Experience with any / all of the following: RS Logix Platforms,Factory Talk, Wonderware, Siemens S5-S7, GE IFIX, Opto 22
Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong project and time management skills
· Some travel required
· Troubleshooting and innovative problem solving skills
· Produce Project Status Reports as required
· Maintain good documented communication with customers
· Be aware of project milestones and related billing and notify management when milestones are achieved
· Complete project deliverables on time and on budget
Typical Travel Required: Approximate 10% overnight travel. Day travel to nearby clients sites will be more frequent.
Compensation: Commensurate with Level of Experience
Benefits: Very competitive health, dental, vision and 401k match plan are provided.