PerceptiveControls is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm located in Plainwell Michigan, providing complete system solutions for automotive, food/beverage, water/wastewater and other industrial sectors for over 20 years.
We are seeking an experienced computer-aided design specialist (CADS) is responsible for creating detailed schematics that are utilized in the manufacturing and the construction of electrical equipment.These detailed technical drawings incorporate the input of engineers and management and can specify dimensions, electrical symbols, materials and production methods.
Panel design and layouts
• Reviewing each project with engineering team
• Provide project research, as required
• Design of panel layouts and the appropriate sizing of components
• Utilize established CAD drafting standards,file management and drafting techniques to prepare electrical CAD drawings
• Creating a bill of materials for projects
• Provide IFR, IFC and as-built drawing sets
• Entering the BOM into the company purchasing program and submitting for review
• Generating purchase orders and sending to the appropriate vendor
• Reviewing purchase order confirmations for correct delivery and pricing
• Take delivery of orders and verifying against shipper
• Organizing all received orders and allocating to the correct job
• Maintain a limited inventory of parts and materials
• Fabrication of electrical panels and sub-assemblies
• Help with office maintenance: i.e. shoveling, small repairs, cleaning and organizing components
• CAD specialists are essential in ensuring that all electrical drawings and bills of material are complete and accurate.
Compensation: Commensurate with Level of Experience
Benefits: Very competitive health, dental, vision and 401k match plan are provided.